“Ken Ying Low” Restaurant Building

Originally constructed as a Japanese boarding house between 1890 and 1905, Mr. Ng purchased the property in 1915 as the new site for Ken Ying Low, the Chinese restaurant he had operated in Heinlenville for many years. The Ng family operated the restaurant, a favorite choice for special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, and graduations among both the Japanese and Chinese communities, into the late 1970s. In 1981, it became the Cuban International Restaurant.

See the 2024 CAAMFest