Tahei Building (formerly Hank’s Rod and Reel)

This building (formerly the Taketa Building) was constructed in the early 1920s as the Hotel Tahei. It was the largest lodging establishment in the area and carried greater prestige than the typical boarding houses of its era. The hotel continued to operate until 1942. The ground floor of the building used to house Hank’s Rod and Reel.